19.9.10

walls.

are these muffled crIes,
 and stupId lullaby’s,
enough just to get by
 your sore, dIsconsolate heart?

             i am
        falling
                   falling

  failing...

Is your Inconsolable heart,
 rememberIng depart?
Is It mIssIng a part?
 or Is It mIssIng out?

               i am
                               calling
        calling

  failing...

Is there somethIng InsIde,
 that scares away your butterflIes?
that takes all your prIde?
 that turns your lIt heart to dawn?

 i am
      watching
                watching

   waiting...

waIting for a tIme where doors are opened?
 when you can depend,
on someone as close as a frIend?
 or just for someone’s heart?

                             tell me,
       when i am left between
                                  four symmetrical walls,
someone like me is no longer
            struck by calls?

makes me wonder...


                 god put,
   everything around me,
                     and called me his own,
and the things as useless to me
       as a telephone,

make me wonder...

               wonder why,
          i was put on this earth
 with everyone else,
yet i am seeing no signs
                                of the slightest pulse,

so why am i alive?

why
                do i sit talking to walls
   when i should be talking with someone?
why
                do i stand in awe of others talent,
   when i am merely as talented as them?
why
                do i dread life’s failures,
   when i should be learning from them?
why
                when i am given something wonderful,
     i simply let it drift away?
why
                                   do i do the things I do,
           when i am the one who hates them?
why
             does my mind wander,
          when the path is right in front?

                                                              i am learning that life,
                                       is not good enough for all of us,
                             but, for me, the only strife,
          is between me and a wall.

                           So a glimpse to my future.
              falling
        falling




  failing...

© 2010 The Still Air

No comments:

Post a Comment