19.9.10

summer.

Crashing, thundering music ringing in my head,
Reminds me of words that I never said.
I held them inside like a burning cigarette,
wasting life away till I’m just a silhouette.

It’s late July, I’ll watch butterflies touch the sky.
Excessive impulsions leading compulsions to slight wry.
Standing alone for reasons unknown except for where I am,
The beginning was right, summer would ignite our love, and

Our motion picture would replay all the perfect ocean nights.
Projectors would relay time after time and show our loves prominent heights.
I couldn’t apprehend knowing that you couldn’t amend.
I couldn’t wait to be with you again, in the summers end.

Discreet disconsolate emotion sickness spins my head,
as I fill my lungs and take in the thought, “I’d like to be with you instead.”
And the way the calm shores take me in transgression,
reminds me the constellations fall in perfect congregation.

This time, we’ll align, our hearts like the midnight sky.
The days colours and shapes all escape only because they try.
I couldn’t subsist, now can’t resist persist, I insist we coexist.
We’ve found our fix, without tricks, it’s to hold each other amidst.

Our motion picture will replay all the perfect ocean nights.
Projectors will relay time after time and show our loves prominent heights.
I can apprehend knowing that we can amend.
We’ll be together, through the summers end.

© 2010 The Still Air

No comments:

Post a Comment